Here are the different pages of our site.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Ice Cream Truck: Why is it so questionable?

So, my sister posted about the ice cream truck that comes to her neighborhood in Milwaukee the other day...that she wasn't sure it was creapy or not...and that very day, our friend paid us a visit RIGHT when I was getting things packed up to go inside for naps...The timing couldn't have been better on this fellas part...almost knowing any parent would buy treats to prevent the pending meltdown that can occur at this time of day.  I believe there was a serial killer that once traveled in an ice cream truck, leaving the idea of wanting to see one a bit questionable.  (this is one of those times where Natalie would tell me that information is my enemy, but I guess being too cautious isn't ever going to be a problem in these situations.)  I've always agreed that they were a bit frightening, but now we have one in our neighborhood.  It enters the neighborhood playing twinkling music, and the kids FREAK OUT and start running in a million different directions to get cash to pay for the overpriced wares that our friend will be offering up. 
The $2 Bugs Bunny treat with gumball eyeballs creates euphoria in the eyes of the children, and the ice cream truck leaves...happy that he just made $40 on one stop. 
I just always go with my ladies to get their treats and keep my game face on...just in case I have to show that driver that I'm wirey.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is the music that makes it the most scary - the one here plays "do your ears hang low" or "pop goes the weasel". Creepy. I have also linked the creepy factor to the fact that we didn't have them when we were kids. Maybe if they had them in Meriden, we wouldn't dislike them so much now?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.