Here are the different pages of our site.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Jorey (yes, late...get used to it)

So, the turkey turned 2 on the 5th, while Ken and I were down in West Palm Beach, FL. It was one of those times where you make a decision and then feel terrible about it...even though she didn't know it was her birthday. While we were away (on our much needed trip), she told orange gramma (my mom) that she wanted her mom and dad and wanted to go home. Poor thing.

Once we were back, we finally settled in on a date for the party and we had all of her greatest fans over for some pizza and a party. Jorey got lots of books, baby apparrell and accessories, a hot wheels, and all sorts of other goodies. Thanks everyone for all the cool stuff...that makes its way from one end of our house to the other every week. :)
She really enjoyed her cupcake, having happy birthday sung to her, and taking some photos with auntie Amy.
When Jorey blew out the candles, she said the whole time..."My wanna blow out the candles...My wanna blow out the candles." Then, with just one quick blow, they were out! Here's a little video.

Friday after daycare, we picked up a "Wounded Knee". Macy had suffered a fall while running to the park. She was running hand-in-hand with her friend Logan when she fell and he kept running. "But, he said he was sorry and that it was an accident." --she smiles when she tells the story, which leads me to believe that her daycare boyfriend Liam had better keep a heads-up!

Due to her request that BOTH Ken and I pick them up from daycare together, we did. And, then we went out to eat at Carbone's. When we got home and I grabbed her out of the car, the wound on her elbow was oozing so badly that it dripped on my arm...that was pretty sweet considering my gag reflex to such things. Due to her reigning drama-queen status, though, there was no room for me to be feeling sorry for myself...not for the drip of oozing wound, nor for the fact that I was the chosen one to remove and replace the nasty bandages. Well, we had a lot of talk about how we have to be tough and how to be brave and that it does hurt, but there's no reason to scream in Mom's ear...things like that.

Saturday morning, when she woke up, she was still the queen of helplessness. She was asking Ken to do everything for her...including picking up her hippo. "Dad, can you please pick-up my hippo? I have an owie.". ha. She actually was walking without bending the right arm or the left leg when we got her and that has continued all day, every day with the exception of sprinting and jumping down the sidewalk at her dad's softball game on Saturday. I can only assume she forgot that she was going with that level of drama.

Following Saturday morning's back-and-forthe, though, we've really made some progress. She has been able to actually support ME while we're doing bandage change. When I have to pull the tape REALLY FAST so that she doesn't get her hairs pulled, she has told me the last two times..."Great job, Mommy. You're doing such a good job. That doesn't even hurt!". Ah, Macy...such a sweet girl.

One other funny thing...today, we attended a baby shower for a co-worker, Marie, who is having twin boys any day, now. When their dad got home, they asked where he was and I said he was in the shower. Jorey says, "Is he in a baby shower?" ha ha. How funny the things that make sense to us, that must completely baffle a two-year-old. Showers? Wet? Showers? Balloons and Cake? hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.