Here are the different pages of our site.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Night Away

I scheduled myself a night away for Saturday night, up to my friend Melissa's house.  Ken was at his national softball tournament in Oklahoma (where they took 2nd place!  Woo Hoo).  The girls had 2 babysitters.  Auntie Natalie and Auntie Amy.  Natalie came over on Saturday, while the girls were napping and then had them outside, playing in the pool for much of the afternoon.  When I checked in on their status the next day, I was informed that Macy offered a standoff outside.  She was NOT coming in the house, so auntie had to carry her in.  I can only imagine that scene and the standoff by my sassy 4-year-old!  ha ha.  Following that, Amy came over on Sunday just in time for Macy to get a sliver in her foot.  Yellow Papa and Gramma came pulling in shortly after this sliver went into her foot, in order to assist in getting it out. 
Sometimes, I feel bad that our babysitters are tortured, but mostly I just giggle to myself at what it must have been like to argue these points with them.
I'm so thankful that we have these adult and stable babysitters that are willing to help out - for free - I'm not sure a 12-year-old would survive the madness.
Speaking of madness, I never did put any of the pictures of Macy's birthday party festivities on here.  We invited her entire class of 26 kids over to the house, + a few friends and a couple cousins.  We ended up with 24 kids under the age of 5!  We started with the madness in the jumper, tried a water-balloon toss - they didn't get the concept - was I really thinking they would?  Yes - but, clearly that was just one of those moments that I need to pull my head out of my a$$.  After that futile attempt at the organized toss, though, we did offer an all-out assault on Ken.  The kids had a blast throwing the balloons at him and then if he caught it, he'd throw it back at him...craziness.  We had pizza, ice cream, Mary Ann's fab cupcakes, and then played pin the slipper on Cinderella, which also resulted in many kids wondering why Macy's crazy mom was putting a towel over their face so they couldn't see...good times.  Here are some photos of the event.  We had a blast and Macy and her friends sure did, too. 
I think all the little kids in her class are going to want to conduct an all-out assault on Ken next time they see him in a vulnerable situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.