Here are the different pages of our site.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Macy goes to Kindergarten!

Well, we all survived the first day of school.  Macy was super excited and perma-grin all day.  Ken and I got her a little present - a book called Someday.  I thought it would be so cute and read it in the store just fine, but there was something with the moment + the reading out loud + being pregnant and emotional, but I could barely finish reading it to her this morning.  She turned around and looked at me, confused, and said, "Mom, is this book sad?".  Wow...how goofy.  Poor kid.  She's trying to figure out if she missed something and why Mom's a blubbering idiot when she's thinking it's a nice book.  Well, I finally just said I'm really happy and proud of her so it's making me emotional.  I don't think that made much sense because she said, "Well, this is a sad book, huh." 
We met her teacher, Mrs. Kelly and tried to figure out all of the things we had not been able to figure out, quite yet. ha ha.  I think we're all ready for day 2, tomorrow!  I'm going to try to not freak her out with emotional breakdowns!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how old she is!! I would have cried too, but you know that... what is wrong with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. natalie, i also teared up like a chump when wendy told me the story... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.