Here are the different pages of our site.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hunter Henry Freske - We've got a baby nephew! ...finally!


I'll wake up for a pic and then I'm going back to sleep!
 Well, after much whining and harassment by moi, Kyle and Heidi finally had a little bundle of joy to grow the Fry brood.  Clearly, this was not a gift to me, but at least they don't have to listen to me whine any more...Well, maybe for one more...but, I'm just glad we got one!  :)  

Sleepyhead
 The girls are completely pumped and want to hold him every time they see him.  He sleeps an awful lot, but they don't mind.  He's super cute and sweet so they just like to snuggle.  We can't wait for him to meet his cousin!  Lordy, we can't wait...me, especially.  But, we'll take to snuggling Hunter until we get to meet our own little man.  Then, we'll have plenty of babies to take care of and snuggle.  I look forward to being able to hold him without the mound-o-baby in my own belly.  He'll know who the heck I am by then...and, I just can't wait to get him his first ball tent!  The fun is just beginning!
We love you, Hunter!
This is the best
There's a memorable story, here, with the name.  I'll share an abbreviated version.  Heidi, Kyle, Payne, the girls, and I went to the water park one summer day, shortly after Heidi and I both found out we were expecting.  In a conversation about names, I stated that I figured we had a boy name picked out if it happened to be a boy...and shared what it was.  The look and silence said it all...that was their name.  How strange that we would both pick the same one!  So, all along, Heidi and I agreed that whoever had their baby first (my odds weren't good) would get the name and the other just pick something else - big deal.  Fast forward, my prego neighbor forgot it was a secret and said something to Ken.  He wanted the name.  Fast forward another few months when we find out ours is actually a boy...something that I figured was such a non-factor as I figured we were having another fine lady...Heidi and Kyle get uncomfortable just taking the name.  How nice, but not necessary.  One night, while playing cards and possibly indulging in a few too many cocktails, Kyle and Ken decide they should have "drawn a card" for the name.  ha.  Well, I laughed and didn't think much about it.  Then, fast forward a couple more weeks when Heidi's in labor.  I'm in a work meeting, talking to a client - and just so happened to be at that meeting with my father.  His phone rings and he says, "Ya, she's right here".  I figure it's an emergency and take the call to hear Ken say, "Heidi's in labor so Kyle called and figured we should flip a coin.  I'm on my way to Stillwater and could swing in.  Should I do it?"  "Sure", i say  "If I win, should I just give them the name?"  "What sense does that make?  Either don't go and give them the name or take the name if you go and flip for it and we win.  Either way - doesn't matter - your call."  So, he does...  While Heidi's pushing to deliver a baby, the nurses cover her up, Ken comes in, the nurse flips a nickel.  Heidi calls tails - it was heads.  So, we get Grady and they get Hunter.  So, when our son is born and gets his name...you'll know we had to earn it.  We've discussed many times that nobody "wins or loses" - but this was just the first silly competition between 2 boys that will likely be in the same grade and play the same sports, etc.  How silly! 
Peaceful little Christmas Angel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.