Here are the different pages of our site.

Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm Skating! Well...sort of...

Before the adventure begins...
Uncle Kyle and Auntie Heidi got Macy and Jorey their very own feminine-looking Hockey skates for Christmas.  Dad's been talking about teaching them to skate for a while, so it's probably time to get them on the ice.  Jorey wants to play Hockey, so she better learn to move around on the ice prior to any lessons in hitting pucks and swinging large objects...someone would definitely get hurt.  I'm still curious to see what Macy decides to do with sports - she seems to have little interest in contrast to her sister.  This is going to get interesting when we start signing them up for activities...the small amount of free time we have, now, will be gone. :)  I best start preparing for that.

Here are some shots of Ken, Kyle, Payne, and the girls working on this skating thing (I was little help with my no skating know-how and large belly, so I slowly walked around the ice trying to get pictures...no wipeouts).  The first time over the ice, they were like little deer, just spinning their wheels.  Then, after about 1/2 hour, they were getting up on their own and inching along.  I was amazed at their progress and Dad did a great job being patient with our emotional little ladies. :) 

Before - and during...When I took the 2nd picture, Macy tried crawling away stating, "I'm getting outta here!"

Uncle Kyle, How the heck are we going to do this thing?
Payne's got it all figured out.

Success!

Let's take a lap, Dad.


1 comment:

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.