Here are the different pages of our site.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Kory For President! (click to read the article in the OPP)



Growing up together in the big city of Meriden, we had big dreams. HUGE dreams. We wanted to be a country western duo...AND, Kory wanted to be the president. While I could never understand the latter --clearly, I never behaved as a political candidate should--I always thought through the years that this, unlike our country duo dream, could be reality. Kory has always done exactly what a good representative should do. Aside from his allergy to physical labor and his annual latex allergy that has landed him in the front yard of a few homes on Halloween, he's the best at rallying troops to do his hard labor for him. Seriously, I've never known someone who can talk so many people into doing his moving, landscaping, painting, etc. While he's always willing to help me out with my tasks, eg: moving day in his flip flops - even waiting on Ken mowing the lawn before beginning, that has always amazed me. As for his public speaking and imagery, I know he'll do an amazing job - he always has been good at being sarcastic and funny while getting his point across to all. He's the type of person people want to jump on board with. Hey, he talked Jason (our other cousin) into dressing like Santa on a 90 degree day in July - wearing a snowmobile suit. He talked Jason AND I into going door-to-door and singing with our bucket, broom, wagon band...and then requesting payment for the show! Hey, Politician! He had it from a tender young age, folks! Now, growing up wasn't all santas and singing songs. We did have our moments that didn't...well...sing. Sometimes--generally when I bucked the system and didn't want to go along with his plan - or vice versa - we would have to fight. On one fateful occurance, I had sawdust thrown in my hair, informed him of how long it took me to wash my hair, screamed naughties at each other, and didn't speak for a whole week! (that was like 5 years, today). He informed his mom that "If Wendy doesn't shape up, she's not coming to my birthday party!" Well, good thing for him and for me, I did shape up and I did get to go to Chuck E' Cheese for skee ball. I can't remember what assortment of crap I gained with my tickets that day, but on (or near) July 28, we did celebrate and forgive the terrible "done-me-wrong" incident. So, now you know some history - hopefully, he'll win the race and work towards making some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.