Here are the different pages of our site.

Monday, June 30, 2008

who IS the best friend

Macy has officially reached the sassy little girl stage. She's been telling all of us that she's our best friend and that we're her best friend.
At night, when I put her to bed, we'll say prayers and she'll whisper, "you're my best friend" as she snuggles deeper into the covers and smiles the biggest smile. How foolish of me to believe this fate would last...quickly, our 'best friend' status was removed the first time I told her not to do something. Yet, this best friend thing has really stuck and she squints up her nose as she says it. She was able to spend a night with Orange Gramma last weekend where she informed her that she was her best friend. Then, when she came home, she even told me "Gramma and I are best friends. You're not her best friend. I'm her best friend."
This morning at daycare, we went to put her picture in the "I'm here board". I asked where she wanted to put her pic because Maddie and Gracie both had their pics in there with slots next to them. She went back and forth for a couple minutes before stating that she was going to put it next to Gracie's (while whispering...) because we're best friends.
ha. I shake my head as I think of it. It's an amazing to watch her growing and discussing her most treasured friendships.
I hope to get some pics up, soon. There is much other news. Jorey is finally walking non-stop. She put on about 3 miles in the street tonight just walking to each neighbor and trying to get run over by one of the bikes or motorized cars flying down the road. :) --Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that our Sunday visit to the park resulted in Macy having to go potty, there was not a port-a-pot, we went behind a tree. I set Jorey down, helped Macy, looked up and found Jorey kicking her leg while doing the "bear walk". (note: we were at the dog park/playing park in rosemount so Reg could run) - she had crawled directly through a fairly fresh pile of dog crap - we luckily had a full pack of wipes to get it off her and were able to stay and go to Wal-Mart - hey, even with her dog-doody leg, she probably smelled better than I did (sans shower--why bother?!)

Well, I hope you're all having a great week. ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.