Here are the different pages of our site.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Oh Boy. I got a married smooch and I'm gross.


Every now and then, my eldest has a slight flare of emotion.  A zesty outburst, if you will.  I had snapped this photo about a month ago, while she was feeling this need to be zesty.  I was holding it - feeling like she would never do it again and this should not be used against her.  Well, I must show it.  It's amazing how angry she gets.  (those that know her will agree that Macy is a 98% happy kid - usually goes with the flow...but when she doesn't.........)  Yesterday, I dared to tell her she had to share the keyboard with her sister...who, in her defense, had been continually turning the keyboard off and on in a blatent attempt to frustrate and annoy her.  I was on the phone with my mom, Orange Gramma, when all of the sudden, out of the happy and peaceful city we typically reside in, she zested...and she yelled her typical "I don't like you" -- to which I reply, "Well, I still love you and I'm sorry you feel that way." --She then screamed, convulsed a few times, sat, stood, stomped and then came at me with the FUNNIEST insult, yet.  "And you're GROSS!".  I really almost laughed.  I said, "What?".  And she repeated, with even more zest, "You're Gross!!!!!".  Awesome.  3 minutes later, she apologized and told me that I'm not gross and that she loved me.  Good to know!  :)
Then, today happened.  Two of my favorite moments, to date, since becoming a parent.  First, we went outside to play today for about an hour...too cold to stop and quit moving, so we just ran around and went for a walk, and then played in the back yard on (what Macy & Jorey call) the park.  Macy was climbing over one of the walls and got stuck in an uncomfortable situation...I helped her get off and she looked up at me and kindof had a half smile when she told me, "I smashed my balls!". 
"Huh?".  Before I could respond with anything intelligent, she asked,
"Mommy, what are balls?" 
"Boys have them and girls don't." 
"Where"  Now, I know I shouldn't have, but really - what is a mystery going to do but make her look like a moron in 12 years when she never thinks to ask again, I forget I told her a strange story, and she then tells her friends that boys have balls in their ears...or some other version of innocent ball talk.  I one time believed that Worchestershire Sauce got it's name because I guy walked into a bar and said, "What's this here sauce."  Not kidding.  My dad probably told me that when I was 4 and then I was 25 when I re-told the darn story...now it's likely that the whereabouts of male anatomy is going to spring up in conversation before Worchestershire sauce, but you get my drift.  So, I simply stated that their balls are by their wieners.  I know...I'm a bad mom.  But, she was satisfied with the answer and just curled up her nose.  Then she asked if an unnamed 5-7 boys have balls.  I said, "All boys do.  We don't really need to talk about that, though...those things are private."  Oh, brother.
Fast-forward today to a time when we're going down for naps.  Every time I put them down, Jorey trots over to Macy's room, they take out every stuffed animal and book that her room holds and have a little pow wow on Macy's bed.  (side note, Jorey told me her first lie on Friday when she stated that she had slept and woke up --later, after consulting with my eldest, they did not sleep and played the entire time - I have now wisened up and go up there 3 times in the first 15 minutes to confirm that they are in their rooms, as they should be).  So, I go up to find her heading back to her room to get more "goodies" to pile on Macy's bed and I get her back in her own bed.  I go back in to tell Macy to get to sleep and she wants a kiss.  We have quick smooch and she says, "No, I want to give you another one."  So, she grabs my face with a hand on both face and pushes her lips up against mine and then kindof twists her head - the smooch lasted about 4 seconds.  Then, she pulls away and says, "There, now I gave you a married kiss like you give Daddy."  wow...I love my kids.  Can I keep them this age for all time?   Na...I'm sure there's more good stuff coming.  I can't wait to see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.