Here are the different pages of our site.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ketchup

Let's catch up, here. I've really been slacking a lot again. We've been keeping busy here in the house of insanity. For Macy's birthday, she received a Disney Magic Cool-Bake Oven. Well, a few weeks ago, we tried it out. The obvious benefit to this gadget is that there's no risk of getting burned. The downside is that you mix about 2 tbsp of dough, try to scrounge every scrap to the tiniest cups. Not the easiest task for a 3-year old or her clutsy mom. Then, you put ice in the tray below, put the cakes in, and wait for 12 minutes. Macy told me they were done approximately 365 times and kept telling me the timer beeped even though we had to have the talk about lying approximately 7 times - clearly, it didn't click, but it was pretty funny. She was just so excited that I'm sure the 12 minutes seemed like an eternity. When they were finally done, we frosted them and put sprinkles on (this part was most fun) and then she took a bite. I wish I would have taped the reaction because it was one to cherish. She wouldn't say they weren't good, but you could tell by her face that she didn't like it. She crumpled up her face and when I asked her if it was good, she slowly said, "y-e-e-e-s-s". Then, she set the cupcakes down and proceeded to eat just the frosting and the sprinkles off of them. When asked if we should save the cupcakes until the next morning, she thought not. I'm going to rate this toy a "10" in the fun department just deduct a few points for being edible. :)
Jorey continues to push the limits and just be "the boss" around here. She has affectionately been named "the bruiser" by orange gramma and yellow papa states, "That Jorey is something else." With an older sister that listened to rules and was scared to break them, we find ourselves in a state of confusion over our the bruiser. Here are a series of videos detailing what happens every night when she's done with dinner. The more you tell her no, the more she does it. In the last video, she's a dead ringer for Chucky. It's more than a little creapy.
Macy really was curious about a bra and how it works and what the deal is. Luckily, it's still too big on her. I figure I've got about 5 years before that's not the case so I best savor it. Jorey has grown very attached to her blanket that her great auntie buggie made for her. She needs to take her "B" with her wherever we go and it helps her fall asleep as soon as we hand it to her.
Today, we're off to Septemberfest at Dakota County Technical College. It's a free festival. I planned to take the girls yesterday, but with all the rain, we just didn't make it. Maybe the sun will grace us with it's presence today.

Macy's been having fun watching her new favorite movie The Waterhorse. I highly recommend this one. It was funny and sad and all the good stuff. Macy didn't get the ending so she kept asking me questions and I was crying and trying to answer them. The poor thing was so confused when I was crying during this wonderous film!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.