Here are the different pages of our site.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

6 years...


For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. -bill cosby

Well, we've done it for 6 years, now.  I've had one person tell me that they had been married for 35 years...and liked each other for about 14 of them.  It's hilarious.  I guess you have to have a sense of humor about the fact that marriage isn't perfect and that sometimes it's downright painful, but that it's totally worth it to be on the journey with the only person in the world you've ever felt truly comfortable with and that you've laughed and cried with - someone that you know you could trust to be with Megan Fox - alone - with her in full seduction mode - well, I'm starting to get a bit jealous of my fake analogy, so I'll move on...
Anyways, at the end of the day, when you really think about it, you know you need each other so you keep working on all the things (mine are so few...ya, right!) that drive each other crazy.  You hope that with each passing year, it will get better and better. 
First, we did this:
Then, in 2005, we did this:
(I know that's a pretty pic!- 23 hours of labor and an extra 70 pounds will do that to a girl.  Look at my handsome Love Bug, though!)
check out that belly...we suffered through this together.  Really?  My stomach still looks like there's a baby in there! (in my head...)  Then, my husband - with lack of now sufficient "how to be a good husband and not say all that's on your mind" skills, asks, "What's the deal with your stomach?".  Me, raging and stressed..."I don't know!"  Well, eventually it went away.  And...so did that extra 70 pounds.  We learned a lot that year.  :)


Then, in 2007, we did this

And, bought a new house, and really maxed ourselves out on potential stress-level with the combination of the two.  I don't think I showered for a 2-week period that summer until my sister, Natalie, came over that summer to say, "Wendy, give me that baby and go take a shower right now."  The following summer, when we saw all the neighbors (after winter hibernation ensued), none of the neighbors recognized me.  I guess that was a good thing, huh?

I'm enjoying the journey and can't want to see what the future holds for us.  As we've always said, we're perfect for each other and we deserve each other! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to send us a little message back.